- Guest rooms are cleaned, sanitized, and sealed prior to arrival. Rooms are not serviced during short stays, however, supplies and accommodations for additional needs are available 24/7.
- Rigorous cleaning protocols with hospital-grade products are in place with extra cleaning in public areas such as the lobby, pool area, and other common spaces.
- We have removed amenities (pens, notepads, etc.) from guest rooms to avoid cross-contamination.
- Our housekeeping staff is taking extra care to disinfect high-touch areas such as door handles, switches, TV remotes, thermostats, bathrooms, and kitchen surfaces.
- Room keys are disinfected between each stay. Safety measures for check-in and checkout include a front desk shield, required masks, and social distancing.
- Signage and communications according to State guidelines to prevent spread of the coronavirus are displayed in areas of concern.
As always, the health and well-being of our guests and employees is a top priority and we have expanded our efforts to safeguard your wellness throughout your stay. Keeping you safe is at the very heart of what we do. While we continue to observe the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, we have implemented new procedures to ensure that we meet the latest requirements from the CDC and State of Utah.
Please help us keep everyone safe by observing physical distancing guidelines, wearing face coverings when outside of your room, and washing your hands frequently. If you're not feeling well, please stay home. If you have a reservation and need to cancel, you may do so up to 72 hours before your arrival date with no penalty.
We honor those who are working hard on the front lines to contain the pandemic and are heartbroken for all who have experienced loss due to COVID-19. We will continue to do our best to welcome and serve you, our valued guest. We hope to greet you soon.
For the latest coronavirus updates from Zion National Park, please visit the official website.